Under the general direction of the Director of Procurement, monitors and maintains control of revenue and expenditure cycles. Promotes the desired work culture and the ethos of the hotel
This role objective is to ensure the smooth functioning of general stores in the hotel operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actually received merchandise, and report to the manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Lock and unlock secure merchandise storage areas.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Order packaging, raw materials, and supplies as needed.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Oversee return process by verifying counts, shipping addresses, labels, etc.
- Check in merchandise, report bad pallets, print and place slot labels, and check current inventory levels.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Receive and stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Calculate figures for food inventories, orders, and costs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, track refusal of items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Check weights of all items as compared to order and billing.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, bloodborne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Preferably a diploma holder/ Graduate in Commerce with basic knowledge of accountancy procedures.
Minimum experience of 1-2 years in the same field.