He/She will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with The Oterra Revenue Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. At The Oterra we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using the tools provided (i.e. IBP) and in compliance with the The Oterra standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Manager), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues
- by channel, segment and account.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
- Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting (which the GM chairs) and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc., on the revenue room walls
- Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analysing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business.
- Approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals above 9 rooms on any one night and collaborates with the Director of Sales and Marketing or Catering Head on the setting group and conference rates.
- Manage day-to-day reservation & revenue activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate and train reservations team that is responsible for developing new reservations and implementing revenue strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume. Guest experience:
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
- Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with General Manager, DOSM, RDM and Catering Head.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of revenue activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with the appropriate department on solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top Reservation/Revenue job in the hotel and may include meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage the professional level and administrative reservation and revenue members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in business/hotel administration or related field, and two to four years of experience in a hospitality or hotel reservations setting with direct supervisory experience over a FO/Reservations team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.