Oversee all functions of the Conference/Conventions Services Department. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximise hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfil group contractual commitments.
At The Oterra, Bengaluru we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimising waste to increase revenue.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Direct day-to-day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guest’s meeting/banquet experience.
- Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, and VIP services.
- Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any
- exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Analyse and action against client satisfaction surveys to improve services.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advise clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact on the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Deliver a consistent guest experience through the full implementation of brand standards within the hotel.
This is the top meeting and conference position for a full-service luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with high volume catering, banquet, and/or convention facilities. This job is responsible for the coordination and servicing of the hotel’s convention and/or conference space. May manage both a professional level and administrative support employees. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in hospitality or related field, and 3+ years’ total experience in a catering setting or related field, with direct supervisory experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak the local language(s).