Assist Food & Beverages Manager in the supervision of venues and banqueting operation to ensure quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel or company business objectives.
At The Oterra Bengaluru, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing profitability.
- Assist the F&B Manager in activities like hiring, SOP, P&P and launch of F&B venues.
- Forecast expenses, while controlling payroll and other relevant costs, minimizing loss and misuse to achieve and exceed the banquet budgeted profitability.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of an operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Manage and control stock ensuring par levels are maintained. Anticipate and maintain all material and supplies ensuring their availability.
- Control usage of food and consumables items and appropriate use of equipment, tools and service equipment ensuring the equipment is used in a correct and safe manner.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate, train, develop, coach and manage all employees to ensure the efficient running of the banqueting areas to maximize associate satisfaction, productivity, guest satisfaction and consequently profitability. Ensure staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Maintain high visibility during venue and banquet service times, high hotel occupancy periods in order to ensure a smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Assist with all events in the restaurants and bars, as well as coverage of their operations.
- Drive our Ethos with all associates in the team.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Deliver a consistent guest experience through the full implementation of brand standards within the hotel
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of all Banquet, F&B operations and assisting F&B Manager in order to meet and exceed customers’ needs and business requirements, whilst ensuring adherence to service standards, Banquet and catering standards, The Oterra brand banquet standards, all service sequences, as well as operating procedures. Work closely with Oterra meeting manager to achieve desired results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
College diploma in Hotel Management, 3 years’ experience in Food & Beverage management position of similar style. Must be able to speak local language(s) and have a positive attitude.