Supervise the service and delivery of menu items in assigned restaurant ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. At The Oterra we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In the absence of a Manager, conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Supervise cash handling and banking procedures
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Deal with irregular payments
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
- Assist with the menu and wine list creation
- Supervise the events and outlet service
- Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
Number of employees supervised –
- Direct – GSA/ Food and Beverage Attendants
- Completion of daily operational tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field with preferably 1 to 2 years’ experience in restaurant operations.