Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition.
At The Oterra we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of staff.
- Provides input for Front Office meetings.
- Supervises and directs Reception and Reservations personnel.
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel and all departments at peak periods
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Reports directly to and communicate with the Asst. Front Office Manager on all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations.
- Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel.
- Responds to guest needs and resolves related problems.
- Ensures VIPs, Single Lady traveller, Long Stayer and Oterra Exclusive guests receive special attention.
- Assists Guest Relations in greeting, rooming, and sending off VIP guests.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
- Analyses the rate variance report to ensure rooms revenue control.
- Takes-action with the Property Management Systems (PMS) in an emergency.
- Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is the most vital Front Office job at a full-service hotel or at a regional extended-stay hotel. May report to FO Manager/Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations etc. May oversee subordinate supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including supervisory/executive level experience.