Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – A Restaurant Server will serve food and beverages in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they dine.
At The Oterra we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage orders in a prompt and professional manner
- Be attentive to guest’s needs
- Prepare beverages for service to guests and present according to established health and presentation standards
- Monitor guest behaviour and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift
- Follow hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the Supervisor or Manager on duty
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints and use established guidelines for any service recovery to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work as team and communicate and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure excellent quality and service
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- Being passionate about people and service
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Ability to comply to local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations preferred. Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with any local legislative requirements